Our client is a multinational FMCG organization with a diverse portfolio of Personal care, Beauty, Food & Nutrition, and Home care brands. With a presence across Africa, Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific, they have a rich history spanning over 100 years.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to oversee the development, performance, and operations of our factory, with the goal of achieving maximum efficiency, production output, quality, and profitability for the organization.
• Manage, supervise, and monitor overall factory performance.
• Continuously improve factory production, operations, processes, and outcomes, regularly reporting on results.
• Ensure the production of high-quality goods.
• Foster effective communication and collaboration with key departments to ensure smooth and efficient factory operations.
• Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Maintain accurate records.
• Collaborate and provide support to relevant departments such as Customer Service, Technical, and Marketing.
• Develop and implement a maintenance schedule to maximize equipment efficiency.
• Create plans for factory progress, production improvement, and general growth.
• Provide support to other departments as needed.
• Recruit, train, set targets, appraise, and manage the performance, development, coaching, and support of all team members to ensure targets are met.
• Delegate responsibilities to team members, ensuring supervision, accountability, and review.
• Implement and maintain management systems for quality, environment, health, and safety.
• Ensure a safe and healthy work environment in the factory.
• Work towards sustainability targets, including waste management and utilities optimization, in line with organizational policies.
• Responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary requirements.
• Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements for the factory and the entire site.
• Collaborate and cooperate with all members of the organization, suppliers, and customers.
• Graduate in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
• Strong technical skills and ability to provide solutions.
• 4-5 years of experience in process plant operations, production, maintenance, or safety.
• Experience in a soap plant is an advantage.
• Previous experience leading a large team of 300+ staff.
• Strong problem-solving skills and quick thinking ability.