We take action through;
· Incorporating conflict resolution & mediation strategies into service projects involving local schools, orphanages, workplaces & community centers.
· Partnering with conflict prevention experts & organizations to train community leaders in strategies to prevent & mediate conflict such as facilitating community dialogue & initiating alternative dispute resolution.
· Pursuing projects that address the underlying causes of conflict including poverty, inequality, ethnic tensions, lack of access to education & unequal distribution of resources.
· Participating in fellowships & service activities with like-minded organizations to promote understanding & peace.
· Using role-playing & sports to teach children & young adults in socially appropriate ways of dealing with conflict.
· Embracing cultural diversity & promoting better relations between all the people worldwide through a framework of friendship & service.
· Understanding & respecting the laws & customs of all the communities we serve so as to empower them to improve their living conditions.
Rotaract Club of Kitengela, Athi River, Kenya